Alnwick, England... as I see it.

Welcome to my blog! Here I will be posting things about my stay here in England this fall! Hope you enjoy :)

Sunday 26 September 2010

Back to the castle...

Well, it has been a week and I am back to the castle... Our week in Greece was amazing to say the least! I went with two girls that I am pretty good friends with at the castle, Allie and Nicole. We got along extremely well, which made it that much better! We arrived to our resort at about 6 in the morning, got to our room, unpacked, and then slept for a few hours. After we woke up we got on our suits right away and went to the sea. It was beautiful weather the whole time we were there!
This is the view from the beach we laid on a few days. We sat at our pool a lot as well, which you could also see the same view.  The rest of the week was pretty much spent here. All of our food and beverages were included in our cost; the food was pretty good, buffet style. We went into town one day, and by town I mean Kardemna. We stayed at Norida Beach, at the Mitsis Hotel. Town was just a nice with lots of little shops. 
On Tuesday, 21st, we went on a day trip to Turkey. Let me tell you, that was an experience and a half. We went on a ferry over, and once there we went on a tour, then we had time on our own to explore. We saw the Bodrum Gold Center and also went to the top of the city and got to see everything in the city. It was beautiful. During our free time we went to the Market. It is a building of tons of shops and knock off items. It is intense walking though it, "pretty girl pretty girl. Jennifer. Charlie's Angels... you come to my shop." They do anything to get you to stop and look and buy something. We did however barter, Nicole bought some sunglasses in the Market. We walked around to some of the other shops outside the Market, where I bartered for some perfume and actually got it at a decent price. I was pleased. Haha. On the ferry ride back I ended up meeting a nice couple from Holland. All in all, a good day spent in Turkey. 
After that we spent the next few days just chilling with people we had met and soaking up the sun. I met over 45 holiday friends from the hotel that I spoke to daily. It was an amazing week break and I am looking forward to my two week, not sure what I'm doing yet, but if it's anything like this week then I am excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment