Alnwick, England... as I see it.

Welcome to my blog! Here I will be posting things about my stay here in England this fall! Hope you enjoy :)

Tuesday 7 September 2010

money, money, money

I know this is a horrible second post, but I need to let it out. What better place than right here? When coming here I tried to figure out finances before I left, but apparently I didn't do a good enough job. First off, not all my financial aid stuff through school went through. Not sure when I'll see that money, if at all. So that leaves me with... about 100-200 pounds that I have with me. For the whole semester. I still have 3 months here. Lots of food to buy, living expenses, etc. Now come to find out, I won't be able to travel while I'm here. I'm in Europe with many possibilities, lots of opportunities, and yet I can't go off and experience them. I don't want to complain because I do get to go on field trips here and there, but it's just a different experience to be able to leave the castle, leave Alnwick, leave the U.K. on your own and see the world for yourself.  I have work study, but that won't give me much once you convert it into pounds. It doesn't help that the exchange rate is bad. I did have a lovely week last week. Maybe I'll feel like talking about it more another time. For now though, I am signing off, frustrated and emotional. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment